CFMS Spring General Meeting 2015
Vancouver BC | April 23rd - 25th 2015
Join us in Vancouver BC for the CFMS Spring General Meeting, in conjunction with the Canadian Conference on Medical Education, April 23-25, 2014!
The Spring General Meeting is an opportunity for Canadian medical students to get together and discuss important medical education, advocacy, global health, wellness issues, and more. Join the conversation, get involved, we want to hear from you!
SGM Travel Funding NOW CLOSED.
The CFMS SGM registration fee is approximately $130 per delegate (to be confirmed) and this cost includes lunch and dinner Friday April 24th, and lunch Saturday April 25th. This DOES NOT include travel or hotel accommodations, students must arrange their own travel and accommodations (unless funded to attend the SGM through the CFMS). There will be both general and global health meetings on Friday and Saturday. Sunday April 26th will not include CFMS meetings, but does give delegates an opportunity to participate at the CCME.
The CFMS General Assembly meetings will take place at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver on Friday and Saturday. Meetings of the CFMS Presidents, Representatives, and Global Health Teams will also take place on Thursday evening.
The CFMS has a negotiated rate for delegates at the Holiday Inn & Suites Vancouver Downtown (1110 Howe Street Vancouver, BC). Guest Room Rate: $129.00 – single/double, plus tax, $10 charge for additional person. Book by March 23 to secure group rate. Group: Canadian Federation of Medical Students, code: CFM.
Students attending CFMS SGM will be required to register for the CCME, and this year a fee of $50 applies. The CCME registration is available here: https://www.proreg.ca/events/ccme/2015/delegate-e.php.
Further information on travel discounts available through the CCME can be found here: http://www.mededconference.ca/ccme2014/accommodationandtravel.php
The CFMS 2015 Annual General Meeting will be held in Windsor ON, from September 18-20, 2015.
SGM 2015 Draft Agenda - Last Updated April 19th
- SGM 2015 Global Health Program Draft Agenda
- SGM 2015 Presidents' Roundtable Agenda
- SGM 2015 CFMS Representatives Agenda
SGM 2015 Call for Nomination: CFMS President-Elect
Links to Canadian Medical Forum Survey on Meeting Health Needs of Canadians
- Resolution 1: Adoption of Nemo Contradicente Voting
- Resolution 2: Adoption of Education Committee Terms of Reference
- Supporting Document: Education Committee Terms of Reference
- Resolution 3: Adoption of Resolution to Change of Title for CFMS Vice President Services
- Resolution 4: Adoption of Terms of Reference for National and Local Officers of Indigenous Health
- Supporting Document: Proposal for Changes to the Indigenous Health Portfolio
- Supporting Document: Terms of Reference: National Officer and Local Officers of Indigenous Health
- Resolution 5: CFMS Support of Standardization of Immunization Requirements
- Resolution 6: Adoption of the Policy Statement: Interprofessional Education in Canadian Medical Schools
- Supporting Document: Interprofessional Education in Canadian Medical Schools
- Resolution 7: Adoption of the Policy Document: Pharmacare: Promoting Equitable Access to Medications
- Supporting Document: Pharmacare: Promoting Equitable Access to Medications
- Resolution 8: Adoption of the Policy Paper: Disaster Management Plans in Canadian Medical Schools
- Supporting Document: Disaster Management Plans in Canadian Medical Schools
- Resolution 9: Adoption of Position Paper Antimicrobial Resistance and Stewardship Paper
- Supporting Document: Position Paper on Antimicrobial Resistance and Stewardship Paper
- Resolution 10: Adoption of Position Paper on the Healthcare of Transgender Patients: Medical Education and Patient Access
- Supporting Document: Position Paper on the Healthcare of Transgender Patients: Medical Education and Patient Access
- Resolution 11: Adoption of the Position Paper: Family Medicine and Primary Care: Committing to the Future
- Supporting Document: Family Medicine and Primary Care: Committing to the Future
- Resolution 12: Adoption of the Policy Paper: Blood Donation Deferrals: Reevaluating the Five Year Deferral Period for Blood Donation by MSM
- Supporting Document: Policy Paper on Blood Donation Deferrals: Reevaluating the Five Year Deferral Period for Blood Donation by MSM
- Resolution 13: Adoption of Position Paper on Human Trafficking in Canada
- Supporting Document: Position Paper on Human Trafficking in Canada
Executive and Officer Reports:
- Vice-President Education
- Vice-President Communications
- Vice-President Finance
- Vice-President Government Affairs
- Vice President Services
- Vice-President Global Health & National Officers
- Western Regional Representatives
- Ontario Regional Representatives
- Quebec Regional Representative
- Atlantic Regional Representative
- National Officer on Health Policy
What to Bring:
- SGM Dress Code: Business Attire
- Athletic Clothing for Seawall Run