CFMS Spring General Meeting 2014 will be held April 25-27 2014 in Ottawa, ON.
Join us in Ottawa ON for the CFMS Spring General Meeting, in conjunction with the Canadian Conference on Medical Education, April 25-27 2014!
The Spring General Meeting is an opportunity for Canadian medical students to get together and discuss important medical education, advocacy, global health, wellness issues, and more. Join the conversation, get involved, we want to hear from you!
Registration fee is $120 per delegate and includes lunch and dinner Friday April 25th and lunch Saturday April 26th. This DOES NOT include travel or hotel accommodations, students must arrange their own travel and accommodations. (Unless funded to attend the SGM through the CFMS). There will be both general and global health meetings on Friday and Saturday. Sunday April 27th will not include CFMS meetings, but does give delegates an opportunity to participate at the CCME.
The CFMS meetings will take place at the Westin Hotel on Friday and Saturday. If you are arranging travel, please plan to be present in Ottawa at the meetings by 830am on Friday April 25th.
Please register for the CCME (free for students) at http://www.mededconference.ca/ccme2014/index.php. Further information on accommodations through the CCME can be found at the same link.
- AGENDA - Updated April 23
- Small Working Group Schedule
- Call for Resolutions - Early Deadline Friday April 18th; Final Deadline Friday April 25th 2014
- Call for Nominations for President-Elect - Deadline Friday April 25th 2014
- Expense Reimbursement Form - For delegates funded by the CFMS
- CFMS Acronyms
- President - Jesse Kancir
- VP Government Affairs - Melanie Bechard
- VP Education - Ian Brasg
- VP Communications - Mimi Lermer
- VP Services - Brandon Maser
- VP Finance - Ben Frid
- Western Regional Representatives - Kimberly Williams and Irfan Kherani
- Ontario Regional Representative - Anthea Girdwood
- Quebec Regional Representative - Bryce Durafourt
- Atlantic Regional Representative - Laura Butler
- VP Global Health - Andrew Bresnahan
National Officer Reports:
- IT Officer Senior - Zachery Hynes
- IT Officer Junior - Franco Dattilo
- Wellness Officer - Kayla Berst
- Officer of Health Policy - Justin Neves
- Global Health Program Update
Resolutions and Supporting Documents
- 00. Resolution: Adoption of Nemo Contradicente Voting
- 01. Resolution: Adoption of Revised CFMS By-laws
- Supporting Document: CFMS Bylaws Updated March 2014
- 02. Resolution: Adoption of CFMS Memorial Donation Guidelines
- Supporting Document: Guidelines for CFMS Donations to Medical Student Memorials
- 03. Resolution: Adoption of a Terms of Reference for the CFMS Wellness Committee
- Supporting Document: CFMS Wellness Committee Terms of Reference
- 04. Resolution: Adoption of a Terms of Reference for the CFMS Media Engagement Committee
- Supporting Document: CFMS Media Engagement Committee Terms of Reference
- 05. Resolution: Adoption of a Terms of Reference for the CFMS Committee on Health Policy
- Supporting Document: CFMS Committee on Health Policy Terms of Reference
- 06. Resolution: Adoption of Revised Position on Health Human Resources
- Supporting Document: Position Paper on Health Human Resources
- 07. Resolution: Accreditation Support
- 08. Resolution: Leadership Funding
- 09. Resolution: Adoption of Position on Access to Adequate Affordable Housing
- Supporting Document: Position Statement on Access Adequate Affordable Housing
- 10. Resolution: CMG Advocacy Tool
- 11. Resolution: Presidents Roundtable and Global Health
- 12. Resolution: Adoption of Position on Trade and Health
- Supporting Document: Position Paper on Trade and Health
- 13. Resolution: SOGC Study Tour
- 14. Resolution: IFMSA Exchange Social Funding
- 15. Resolution: Adoption of Position on Criminalization of HIV
- Supporting Document: Position Paper on Criminalization of HIV
Keep checking this page for information about important documentation as SGM approaches!